Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bat- Mitzvah Gift


Who doesn't like to see their name up in lights?  Or at least a papercut of their name hung in their home!  This piece was created as a Bat-Mitzvah gift.  However it can also be a beautiful gift for a new baby.  Or you can make it into a Bar-Mitzvah gift and perhaps put a pasuk from the Bar-Mitzvah boy's parsha or haftorah around the cut out of his name.   






I'm not sure why I always take pictures from this angle.  I think it adds some drama, what do you think?


Also from this angle, you can really see the curling of the paper.  The piece is a square (12 in. x 12 in.) and is canson paper, cut with a knife and matted on hand made tie-dyed blue and purple paper.  Oh, and the Bat-Mitzvah girl loved it!

2 comments:

Micol said...

I love when you take pictures from that angle!

Shira said...

lol Micol! It shows off the papercut! I really liked what you had to say in the article about ketubot. It very much expressed how I feel too. You articulated it really well.